You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My ex's new girlfriend...

Okay. This is not what you're thinking. I'm actually not going to bash her. I actually feel sorry for her. And not just because she's dating my ex. ;)

Michael's (my ex-boyfriend) family loved me. They thought that I was awesome. They knew that Michael probably wouldn't ever do any better because he's a douche (most of the time), and he's not an attractive guy. hahaha... gotta get that in. :) Anyway, they knew that I treated him well and loved him and he shouldn't have treated me the way that he did.

Well, his family still misses me. I talk to them when I'm in Indiana and I still send birthday and Christmas cards, etc. It seems that now they have put me on a pedestal which cannot be touched. I am near perfect in their eyes now. They've raised me way above what I ever was. And this girl stands no chance. They don't like her for multiple good reasons (she's 6 years younger than him -- 18 to his 24, she faked a pregnancy, she's a mooch, she smokes, etc.), but she seems to be a sweet girl. She just has some growing up to do. And she's cute.

However, I think she is seen as lower than what she is simply because she is not me. I feel bad for her. I know that the Thayers have definitely raised me to a higher level than I deserve. They're remembering me as even more awesome than what I am! ;) I hope that they'll get over it. I don't think that Michael and this girl really belong together, but I feel bad for her all the same. She's not getting a fair chance or a clean slate. She seems to be dealing with it all the same, though.

I'm glad that I didn't have any high standards to live up to with Joe's family. Of course, Joe's ex-girlfriends were mostly just casual and the one that was serious, was crazy, so I didn't have much to compete with. And beyond that, Joe doesn't really speak to most of his family, so even if he did have ex-girlfriends, there wouldn't be anyone comparing me to them. So, I guess in that respect, I have it easy. However, I really miss having cool "in-laws."

No comments: