You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Update #18023841023784012

lol... So, lots of updating has been going on, so I just made up a number... in case you couldn't tell :)

Ummm... So, yeah. Joe and I have picked out colors and counters and cabinets for the kitchen. We have picked paint colors for most of the rest of the house. We're not sure what exactly we're going to do with the downstairs bathroom. Joe went and measured all the rooms in the house while I was out of town. We designed the bathroom we wanted and then found out that the measurements were wrong and the bathroom is actually several feet smaller that what we had planned for, so that plan won't work. :( So, we just have to come up with a new design for that. Also, we found a kitchen layout that we really like, but it won't work because of where the doors and windows are. So, we're working on a new plan for that as well.

We found out yesterday that our realtor gave the signed papers to the owners YESTERDAY. Instead of last week when we signed them. Grrrr... There are dates on there that we have to meet, and now we only have a week to get inspections done if they sign them today! It's kind of scary. And I'm currently not very pleased with our realtor.

But, hopefully all will go well and we'll be closing at the end of the month. :)


In other news, Jack got a haircut while we were in Indiana and he has gotten sunburned twice. Ouch. He doesn't like to have the aloe lotion rubbed on him. I can't find my sunblock to put on him, so I have to go to Petsmart and get some doggie sunblock or pick up some children's sunblock from walmart or something. Poor Jack.

Also, my office is still an absolute disaster from being on vacation for a week. I can see bits and pieces of my desk, but not much. I'll probably have to work this weekend some to get it organized. Probably Saturday afternoon because Joe has to work then anyway (before work, we're going to Hendrick's to look for our new stainless steel appliances!).

Also, Jack was the first dog to actually come into the new house (the other dogs have been to the house, but not in it -- Jack had to come to work with us when he got sunburned because we had to be gone for a long time and he couldn't stay outside without sunblock; so he got to come with us to the house). He gave it his stamp of approval. :) He especially likes that he can see the neighbor's poodle from the backyard. lol

Joe's anniversary present is supposed to be arriving today. I bought him a knife set. Don't worry; he already knows. I bought one for my dad and they were really awesome and Joe liked them, so I'm buying him a set as well. They'll look great in that new kitchen we're going to have. :)

No comments: