You can also check out my wedding blog, Tara Getting Married. It has lots of DIY wedding information!

Monday, September 29, 2008

Update

Well, we have the cabinets ordered. They will be installed in about 3 weeks. Our appliances have been ordered. They should arrive at the end of this week. The tile guy will be taking down the tile in the downstairs bathroom on Thursday as soon as we close on the house (Joe's appointment with the lawyer is at 11:00 am on Thursday. Once all the paperwork is signed by both parties, the will give us the key and we will be homeowners!).

Then, the following Monday, Paul Kitchen is coming in to tear out the baseboard heating (that will probably take a few days). Also on that Monday, someone is coming to tear out the carpet in the living room. Then, on Wednesday, my mom will arrive to help us out! She'll be here until the following Wednesday.

Once the tile guy finishes tearing out the tile in the bathroom, he's going to tear out the bottom cabinets in the kitchen so that he can start tiling the kitchen (the tile has been ordered, but it will take a few days to get it in, so hopefully he can start on the kitchen as soon as he finishes tearing out the tile in the bathroom). Once he finishes tearing out the tile in the bathroom, my mom and I will take out the door on the bathroom, put up new drywall to cover that hole and put in a new door on the wall that is shared with the master bedroom (which will turn that bathroom into the master bathroom. Once we finish that, the tile guy can put in the new tile and the new shower in that bathroom.

My mom will also be helping me tear down the wallpaper in the master bathroom. I've never done this before, but I hear that it's a pain in the butt to do. I hope that it all comes down easily. She will also be helping me paint all of the rooms. I hope that we can get it all done in the time that she is here. I'm going to try not to get my hopes up, because I don't know if it's possible, but hopefully we can at least get most of it done. We've got to start on the bathroom first because it is something that I can't do by myself. And then the wallpaper in the master bedroom. And then we'll do the painting in the rest of the house.

My mom and the boys and I will most likely be staying at the house the whole time she is here so that we won't have to waste time or gas (especially with this stupid fuel shortage) going back and forth from Shelby to Gastonia. So, if anyone wants to come see us (or help us!), you're welcome to! :)

No comments: